Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies are chewy, sweet, and perfect for the fall season, loaded with tons of apples and drizzled with buttery caramel.
I am spending this week at the Disney Food & Wine Festival, which is basically my most favorite place to be. If you know me, you know I love Disney…and also if you know me, you know I love food and wine. SOOOOOO… you do the math.
I LOVE trying new treats each time I go to Disneyworld, but I ALWAYS make sure to get a few of my favorites…and the Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies at Epcot in Germany are a MUST. I have been saying for a few years that I want to recreate them…and well, no time like the present.
It’s a buttery, chewy, oatmeal cookie, loaded with dried apple pieces, and coated with creamy, sweet caramel. If you’ve ever had that cookie, you know why I love it so much! Anyhow, while nothing can beat having a cookie in Disney, I feel like this is ABSOLUTELY the next best thing. Plus, you can have as many as you want, so…obviously.
I feel like I really nailed this recreation. And at Disney, they use Werther’s Caramel…so I made sure to buy Werther’s soft caramels for the drizzle.
I also used dried apple rings that I picked up at the supermarket and diced them up. Don’t replace the dried apples with apple chips. Those are crunchy and these are chewy…it will definitely change the texture of the cookie!
And of course I used plenty of rolled (Old Fashioned) oats…
The cookie dough will be a little…well…brown…
But I’ve decided all the best food is a varying shade of tan…I mean right?
They bake up and are pretty great…BUT you really need to go in with that caramel. It’s kinda important.
See? I’ve just saved you hundreds of dollars on a Disney ticket. You’re welcome.
You all go just for the snacks too, right?
Follow along on my fun trip over on Instagram! I will be posting lots on my story!!
And go ahead, have a cookie…and dare I say, add a little flaked sea salt to make this extra!
Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Author: Cookies & Cups
Serves: 30 cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¾ cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup dried apple rings, diced
- 6 ounces soft caramel candies (like Kraft or Werther’s)
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and brown sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and continue mixing on medium for 1 minute, until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined. Add in the oats and dried apples and mix until incorporated.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (2 tablespoons) drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, 3 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden and the centers are just set.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine the caramel candies and cream. Microwave in 15- second increments, stirring in between each, until the caramel is smooth.
- Drizzle the caramel on top of the cookies.
store airtight for up to 5 days.
The caramel on the cookies can get a little sticky, so if you’re storing these, place a piece of parchment paper in between each stacked layer to prevent sticking.