Brunch season is here. It’s happening. It’s our time to shine. And this Crispy Quinoa Spring Salad is the perfect Brunch Salad. (it also works for just about any other time of day because duh, it’s a salad!)
I’ve recently been making salad dressings in bulk. Depending on the week, I make a different dressing and then use it in just about everything on a daily basis. I’ve done the Balsamic Vin, Basil Vin, Cilantro Vin… the list just goes on and on. Last week it was all about this Green Goddess dressing and it was PERFECTION on this salad I whipped up after the farmers market. There’s avocado in the dressing and in the salad because more is more!
And get ready to have your mind blown – crispy quinoa. It’s going to be your latest obsession. It’s more fried than toasted but it’s crispy and it’s so freaking good, especially on a salad. It gives it that extra crunch and makes it slightly more filling. Basically a full meal in a salad – just the way I like it!
Crispy Quinoa Spring Salad
- Combine everything in a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add a few extra tablespoons of water if you need to smooth it out.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Use immediately, or store in an airtight refrigerated container for up to 4 days.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the cooked quinoa and toast for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Arrange the remaining salad ingredients in a large serving bowl. Once the quinoa has cooled, add that to the salad. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
For the dressing:
For the Salad: