There’s really nothing quite like Grilled Peaches topped with Vanilla Ice Cream!!!
Stone fruit season is the best! Growing up I’d just eat peaches or nectarines plain like you would an apple. But I’ve since become a bit more creative and when they are in season, you can bet that I’ll find a way to work them into just about everything I make! There’s nothing quite like a perfectly ripe piece of stone fruit. It’s tender and packed with flavor and makes for an excellent addition to just about everything. If you tune into snapchat today, I’m adding them into my favorite salad!
But if you’re really going for it – then you should GRILL your stone fruit! This recipe is for Grilled Peaches, but it’s the exact same for nectarines, yellow or white! You could also use apricots! Skies the limit. They get grilled which brings out the flavor even more and you get little caramelized bits that are like little pieces of happiness. Add to that a drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of sea salt and some ice cream – nothing can compare! Whip up some grilled peaches for your next backyard bash and tell me what you think!
Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 ripe peaches
- 2 ripe nectarines
- canola oil
- 8 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Honey and sea salt for finishing
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Brush the peach and nectarines halves with a touch of with oil and place on the grill for a few minutes and then rotate 90 degrees to continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes total grill marks appear and the fruit starts to caramelize.
- Remove from the grill with a pair of tongs and serve with a scoop of ice cream in the center of the fruit. Drizzle with honey and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.