It’s still all about Greece here on WGC and today that’s coming in the form of a Melon Halloumi Salad!
Have you guys tried Halloumi yet?!? Remember I made those Fried Halloumi tacos a few months back? If you haven’t tried them yet, you’re not doing it right. Halloumi is an unripened brined cheese that has a super high melting point which means it can be PAN FRIED, which gives it this crazy amazing texture and flavor and you won’t be disappointed!
And THIS Melon Halloumi Salad is about to be your new summer salad of choice. It’s the perfect time of year to snag a few different kinds of melon from your market. (FYI it’s peak melon season which means they are RIPE for the picking.)
Add to that some squeaky cheese that you fry up for a hot second and then douse it in a basil mint vinaigrette and it’s literally so summery I can’t even handle it. Trust me, you’re going to want this on rotation for the rest of summer until melon season is over ?
- Combine all the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend for 2 minutes until smooth. Adjust salt and pepper and set aside.
- Arrange the various melon on a large serving board.
- Drain the halloumi and cut it into cubes. Pat the cubes dry with paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the halloumi and cook for a few minutes without stirring, until the bottoms are well-browned. Turn the halloumi cubes with a pair of tongs, and brown them on the other sides.
- Transfer the seared cheese on top of the melon. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
For the Mint Basil Vinaigrette
For the Salad