You heard that right… Penne with Five Cheeses. FIVE KINDS OF CHEESE GUYS. We’ve reached a new level of goals!
This Penne with Five Cheese situation is 1000% going to change your life. It’s loaded with mozzarella, Pecorino Romano, fontina, goat cheese, AND ricotta cheese. There’s an optional 6th cheese because have you met me? It happens to be none other than our favorite… BURRATA!! So feel free to add it if you want ? On top of all of that, there’s a creamy tomato sauce that you’ll be so into you’ll probably want to lick your bowl clean.
It’s decadent but not crazy heavy. It’s perfect for a crowd. It makes a TON of leftovers so hello leftover lunches for the week. Also the actual step by step of this recipe is really simple. Most everything is just combined in a bowl and you add some par-cooked pasta to the mixture and then bake until perfect. The pasta will continue to cook in the tomato sauce while baking and suck up ALL THAT FLAVOR.
Alright! Off you go. Penne with Five Cheeses HERE WE COME.
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- ½ cup shredded fontina
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 10 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces burrata cheese, torn into pieces (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Combine all the first 11 ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Cook the penne for 5 minutes until al dente. It will still be super al dente, but not to fear, it will continue to cook in the cheese mixture while baking. Drain the pasta and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
- Transfer the pasta into a large baking dish. Dot with the butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, about 10-15 minutes. Once you take it out of the oven, top it with the burrata cheese if you’re using. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.