I have yet to bake in my new kitchen… but that changes TODAY!
I have been dying to test out my appliances and get baking for my new neighbors, but the whole organizing your life back into order thing after moving is kind of exhausting. Who knew I had so much stuff that needed to be bubble-wrapped, then unwrapped, then put away? GAH.
And no, I have not read that magical book about tidying up, thankyouverymuch.
So basically I’ve been waking up, feeding my still-confused dogs and getting to work around the house. But oddly, I love all the chores of putting things away and wiping down my own counters. Yes, I’ve found some odd sense of joy in laundering my own socks, and I appreciate how nice it is to come home to a clean house.
I know this feeling will eventually wear off and I will want to set fire to my clothes rather than launder them, but for now I’m enjoying this new-house honeymoon stage 🙂
Anyway, I was thinking about what to bake first in my new place and these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Bars, which I’d previously made at my old place, came to mind. But the thing is… these bad boys are no-bake, so I don’t even need the oven to whip them up.
…Which is going to rock in a few months when it’s a bajillion degrees and turning on the oven is about as logical as jumping from a three-story building into a pit of rocks.
These are slightly addictive; you’ve been warned! The base consists of a little confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, and graham cracker crumbs, which give them a slight crunch and helps the bar hold its shape. The mixture is poured into a pan and set in the fridge, then topped with a thick, smooth layer of chocolate ganache. The result is a deep-dish, ultra fudgy peanut butter cup bar that’s totally out. of. this. world.
Who wants to come over!?
Reese’s Peanut Butetr Cup Bars
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Bars
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Bars are like a fudgy, deep-dish PB cup! Totally easy to prepare, comes together quickly and is entirely no-bake!
- FOR THE BARS:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups honey graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use the natural kind, as it is too oily)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE:
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Line a 9×13″ rectangular baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla until combined. Mixture will be runny. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the bar layer has somewhat firmed up, make the chocolate topping. In a microwaveable bowl, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and heavy cream. Microwave on HIGH power for 20-30 seconds, stir, then heat again for another 10-15 seconds, stirring until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter layer and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate once more for another 30 mins at least (up to overnight if you wish) before cutting into bars.
Fudgy, peanut buttery goodness topped with a silky smooth chocolaty layer. These bars are the definition of HEAVEN!
Have a super sweet day!