Hands down one of the most popular recipes on WGC – Basil Vinaigrette. Not even exaggerating, it’s the best vinaigrette in the world and it’s going to make your summer recipes THAT much better! (plus a new video!)
I’m all about taking a shortcut in the kitchen every now and then – and that is exactly what this Basil Vinaigrette allows me to do! It’s my go-to dressing (and has been since I first posted it in 2014) for all of my favorite summer meals and you’ll be seeing it make an appearance in a few recipes over the next several weeks as I try to stretch out this California summer until November ? I whip up a batch every few days and keep it on hand for anytime I’m in a pinch and need to eat something STAT. (because, like I’ve said before, no one wants to see me when I’m Hangry) It’s not a pretty picture. Watch the video below to see how easy it is and then make it STAT!
AND – if you want some ideas on how to use the basil vinaigrette, a few options below…
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves, stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients for the basil vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Or you can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 3 days.