Easy Skillet Vegetable Lasagna-This shortcut version of classic lasagna is guaranteed to be a family favorite! It is made in ONE skillet and makes a great weeknight meal.
Caleb was going through a picky eating phase so I decided to create a weekly meal chart for him to fill out. Every week, he picks out what he is going to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner…with my help. We have been doing this for over a month and so far Caleb hasn’t missed a meal. He doesn’t cry, complain, or ask for something else. He is rocking the meal chart. He gets excited about our meals because he picks out what we are having. The meal chart has been good for our family too because I know what to make for every meal of the day. It has kept me super organized. Sure, we make adjustments here and there, but Caleb makes sure we stick to the chart 98% of the time.
One of Caleb’s favorite meals has been this Easy Vegetable Skillet Lasagna. Actually, it has been everyone’s favorite meal. Maxwell, Josh, and I love this easy lasagna too!
On the chart, we call this Easy Skillet Lasagna. I leave the vegetable part out because Caleb is still not comfortable with the whole vegetable thing, ha! He is doing much better now that we have the chart, but I still have to sneak them in sometimes.
This lasagna is actually loaded with veggies and the boys never complain. It has mushrooms, red bell pepper, and zucchini. They don’t complain because the veggies are mixed in with pasta, marinara sauce, and lots of cheese!
I love this lasagna recipe because it is made in ONE skillet. The lasagna noodles cook right in the pan, you don’t even have to boil them first. And you don’t have to turn on the oven. The lasagna cooks right in the skillet on the stovetop. It is magic!
This shortcut version of classic is guaranteed to be a favorite! When Easy Vegetable Skillet Lasagna is on the meal chart, we know it is going to be a good night. Our family loves this easy lasagna and I think you will too!
If you like this Easy Skillet Vegetable Lasagna, you might also enjoy:
Easy Skillet Vegetable Lasagna
This shortcut version of classic lasagna is guaranteed to be a family favorite!
Yield: Serves 6-8
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Total Time:40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce or homemade marinara sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add in the garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, and dash of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Break the lasagna noodles into large pieces and add them into the pan. Pour the pasta sauce and tomatoes over the noodles, making sure all of the noodles are covered. You might have to use a spoon to push down some of the noodles. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover the skillet with a lid. Cook for 20 minutes or until noodles are al dente.
- Remove the lid and gently stir in the ricotta cheese. Top the lasagna with fresh mozzarella slices. Put the lid back on until the cheese melts, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the lid and garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Scoop the lasagna into bowls or put on plates and serve warm.
Note-if your skillet doesn’t have a lid, you can use a large baking sheet to cover the skillet. To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free lasagna noodles. For store bought sauce, we like DeLallo brand.
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!
Products Used in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)