I’m sure by now you’ve tried the 1-ingredient magic that is banana “soft serve” ice cream?
If not, you must. It’s just frozen, ripe bananas whirled into creamy soft serve. In other words, it’s what a healthy foodie’s dessert dreams are made of.
Flavor options are endless! But, for this particular recipe, I went with a recent favorite: Chocolate tahini!
It’s no secret that I have a thing for tahini and chocolate. But, when I combined the two in my Tahini Stuffed Dates (aka Tahini Bombs), I lost my mind over the flavor combination. Think savory, sweet, chocolaty, and nutty. It’s a real-life flavor love affair.
Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s also SO easy to make, requiring just 5-10 minutes, 1 bowl, and 4 ingredients to make!
I think you’re going to LOVE this soft serve. It’s:
& SO easy to make
Enjoy this recipe as a healthier dessert or snack! Add some cacao nibs or magic shell for a crunchy topping. If you aren’t into tahini, try another nut/seed butter like almond butter or sunbutter! And, for a drinkable version, add non-dairy milk to make a shake like this Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Shake!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Tahini Chocolate Banana Soft Serve
Insanely creamy and naturally sweetened banana soft serve infused with tahini paste and raw cacao powder! A healthier and delicious way to indulge in a plant-based dessert or snack.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 2 cups (~300 g) ripe sliced frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp (30 g) tahini (sesame seed paste | or sub other nut/seed butter), plus more for serving
- 3 Tbsp (18 g) cacao (or unsweetened cocoa) powder
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) maple syrup (or sub dates or other sweetener (i.e. stevia) to taste)
- optional: 1-2 ripe pitted dates
- optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: Pinch sea salt
FOR TOPPING optional
- Add ripe, sliced, frozen bananas to a food processor or a high-speed blender and mix / blend until a creamy “soft serve” is formed, scraping down sides as needed – about 3-5 minutes.
- Add tahini (or other nut/seed butter), cacao powder, and maple syrup and blend to combine. Then taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more tahini for nuttiness, cacao for intense chocolate flavor, or maple syrup (or 1-2 pitted dates) for sweetness. At this time, you can also add vanilla extract or a pinch of sea salt for more flavor. Mix as needed to combine.
- Serve immediately or transfer to serving bowls and put in the freezer to thicken up. Serve as is or top with additional tahini or magic shell!
- Best when fresh. Leftovers will keep in the freezer up to 1 week. Let come back to soft serve consistency at room temperature before enjoying.
*For a refined-sugar-free magic shell, mix 1 part melted coconut oil with 1 part cacao or cocoa powder and sweeten to taste with maple syrup or other sweetener of choice. Add sea salt or vanilla (optional) to taste.
*Prep time does not include freezing bananas.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 2 servings calculated with 1 Tbsp maple syrup and no additional toppings (tahini or magic shell).
Serving size: 1/2 of recipe Calories: 265 Fat: 10.4 g Saturated fat: 2.4 g Carbohydrates: 47 g Sugar: 22.9 g Sodium: 19 mg Fiber: 8 g Protein: 6 g