This is – hands down – the Best Fresh Strawberry Pie I’ve ever made or tasted before! A buttery, flaky pie crust filled to the brim with bright, juicy red strawberries and a sinfully sweet strawberry glaze. Whipped cream on top is mandatory!
Does anyone else watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise?
I am newly hooked on it, after watching Nick Viall’s season and cursing my way through the whole Corinne situation. And now, I’m loving Rachel’s season so far! She has a good pick of guys, that’s for sure. (Uh, minus the Whaboom/Whack-A-Mole/Wazzzup guy. He’s a little… medicated. Or rather, needs to be medicated).
It got me thinking: maybe I should try out to be the next Bachelorette? I mean, can you imagine? The first plus-size, heavily tattooed, glasses-wearing person. I SMELL SOMETHING GROUND-BREAKING HERE. ABC producers, call me.
But then I wondered: what would our dates be? Please tell me the ABC producers come up with that stuff, because if it were up to me, we’d be bowling or going to Disneyland for every date. And actually, you can probably tell a lot about someone if they endure Disneyland with you. Screaming children, pushy stroller people, tourists galore, musty Pirates smell…
ACTUALLY THAT’S A GREAT IDEA.
Like this week’s relay race, you can have a Disneyland version. Obstacles include: Leap-frogging and/or javelining over a series of slow-moving strollers, pinning the right Mickey hat on the right kid, who can clean up a spilled Dole Whip the fastest, best end-of-roller-coaster-camera picture, most churros consumed in one sitting, who doesn’t toss their cookies on a broken and out-of-control Teacup… I’m sensing a really good date idea here, ABC! (Seriously, call me).
Also, are there requirements to being a Bachelorette? Like, is it required that we all have Michelle Obama-status arms like Rachel? Or that we all wear itty-bitty shorts a la JoJo? Can I spontaneously break out in song and dance? Am I allowed to wear tutus and Doc Martens?
Anyway, while I ponder my new life as a wannabe Bachelorette, I made myself (and you, duh) some Fresh Strawberry Pie to consume. It is BANANAS, y’all. (Er, well, BERRIES*).
This pie is filled to the absolute brim with fresh, juicy, red strawberries and coated in a sweet and simple strawberry glaze which sweetens the pie a little but also helps keep it together and cut evenly. I chose to serve my strawberry pie in a classic pastry crust (which is pre-baked), but if you want to keep this entirely no-bake, use a graham cracker crust. Or, OOH! Maybe an Oreo cookie crust? GIRL YASS.
Whatever you do, make this pie and vote for your new fave Bachelorette (AKA me).
The Best Fresh Strawberry Pie
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Pie
This Fresh Strawberry Pie is loaded with bright, juicy strawberries and a sweet and simple glaze. So perfect for summertime!
- One frozen 9″ deep dish pie crust
- One (6 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 1 & ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 & ½ cups water
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and halved if large
- For garnish: sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the frozen pie crust onto a cookie sheet, which will make it easier to remove from the oven. Prick holes all over the pie crust bottom and sides with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the gelatin, sugar, and cornstarch until combined. Add in the water and lemon zest, whisking to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for one minute exactly, stirring constantly. Take off the heat and bring the mixture to room temperature.
- Place all the berries into the pie crust shell. Pour the glaze evenly over the berries. Refrigerate until firm, about 2-3 hours. Serve with freshly whipped cream or whipped topping.
*adapted from Southern Dishes and Desserts magazine
This pie is so flavorful with a hint of freshness from the lemon zest and filled with bountiful, beautiful berries! No summer cookout will be complete without this pie!
Have a super sweet day!