Beautiful ready to grill tofu kabobs made with extra firm Nasoya Tofu, a soy ginger turmeric marinade and fresh pineapple cubes. Delicious and perfect for the vegetarians in your life!
I’m sitting here going over our wedding playlist, wondering what the big day will be like when it actually comes. Will I be anxious? Nervous? Stressed? Carefree? Deliriously happy? All that I know is that I’m looking forward the day we say I do, but for reasons other than just having the wedding.
To me, it’s not about the big day — that’s for everyone else in our lives. What will come on our wedding day for us, is that we acknowledge that we’re finally in it together, forever. That we’ve sealed our souls as best friends, lovers and partners in life. That we close one eye to our faults, we promise to never give up and to always say I love you, even when life gets hard — which it will. Life is funny that way sometimes, wouldn’t you agree?
In fact, we’re writing our own vows because if they come from the heart, I believe you’ll stick to them more.
Like when I say that I’ll promise to always make Tony try any food I make… including TOFU. Hehehe.
(If any of you have meat loving partners out there, but you you’re more into veggies, then you know what I mean.)
On a lighter and less serious note, I’ve been crushing on tofu like crazy ever since I started partnering with Nasoya tofu. Most of you know that I’m not vegetarian, but I’ve been really loving enjoying meatless meals — from salads to tofu kabobs, Abra’s got me on the vegetarian train and I’m not mad about it.
So what do you need to know about tofu? It’s essentially flavorless, which means that marinating it is key to good flavor. Even if it’s just for 20 minutes, a good marinade makes all the difference.
Also, it’s best to use super firm tofu so that it doesn’t fall apart on the grill.
This particular marinade is made with anti-inflammatory turmeric, ginger, garlic, tamari (aka gluten free soy sauce) and fresh pineapple juice (or orange juice!). The kabobs are incredibly easy to make and make a great Meatless Monday dinner or perfect for a vegetarian/vegan if you’re grilling for one.
You guys are going to love these. Dress them up with a little cilantro and hot sauce for good measure. xoxo!
Vegan Turmeric Pineapple Tofu Kabobs
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
- 2 tablespoons tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric (or 1 teaspoon freshly grated turmeric)
- 1 (14 oz) package Nasoya extra firm tofu
- 2 cups fresh cubed pineapple
- Fresh chopped cilantro, diced onion and hot sauce, to garnish
- Remove tofu from package, wrap with a paper towel and gently squeeze and pat to remove excess moisture. Cube the tofu into large 1 ½ inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, add the tamari, apple cider vinegar, pineapple juice, ginger, garlic and turmeric. Whisk to combine. Add the tofu cubes and gently toss with your hands or a wooden spoon to coat them with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and allow them to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Once ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium high heat and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Thread the tofu and pineapple onto skewers, you should get about 8 skewers total. Grill for 10 minutes total, rotating every few minutes. Enjoy with fresh cilantro, green onion and hot sauce, if desired.
This post is in partnership with Nasoya Tofu, a brand I trust. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible!