Ingredients: 2 tablespoons oil,2 cloves of garlic, minced,1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs (optional),200 grams minced beef,1 tomato, chopped into small chunks,1 1/2 cups ready-made pasta sauce,1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust according to taste),1 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper,1 teaspoon sugar,1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional),150 grams macaroni,150 grams macaroni,100 grams shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Lightly grease (I used olive oil) an ovenproof dish.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic.
- Let it cook on low heat for 1 minute.
- Add the dried mixed herbs (if using). Cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the minced beef and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up lumps as it cooks, until well browned.
- Add in the tomatoes, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pasta sauce. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, sugar and dried parsley (if using).
- In the meantime, cook the macaroni in salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain well.
- Spread half of the cooked macaroni evenly into the prepared dish. Top with half of the bolognese sauce, then the remaining macaroni, followed by the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle the top with some extra dried parsley, if desired. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 15~20 minutes, until the top turns brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm.