Ingredients: 1 pound beef chuck roast,1 t curry powder,1 T olive oil,1/2 large sweet onion,3 cloves garlic,1/2 hot red chile, seeded and finely diced,1 slice of ginger, 1/2″ wide,2 t mild curry powder,1 T tomato paste,1/4 cup red wine,1 can diced, no salt added tomatoes,1 bay leaf,1 cup quinoa
- Season both sides of the beef with curry powder and set aside.
- Cook the onion in the olive oil over medium heat in a sautee pan.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and chile once the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the curry powder and stir to coat everything in the pan.
- Add the tomato paste and cook until the paste starts to darken, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Deglaze with the wine and stir until the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer the contents of the pan into a crock pot.
- Sear the beef over high heat on both sides, transfer to crock pot.
- Add the can of tomatoes and bay leaf. If needed, add chicken stock or water so the beef is almost covered. Set your crock pot on low and cook until you can shred the beef with a fork. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. (
- Remove bay leaf and ginger piece.)
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions and serve tomato beef curry over the top.