Make someone’s birthday extra special with this Birthday Snack Mix. It’s a sweet and salty treat made extra festive with colorful sprinkles, bright cereal and the cutest little Birthday Hat Bugles!
This might be my cutest snack mix creation yet! It’s so perfect for any birthday celebration, young or old!
Such a fun and festive treat to serve at a birthday party that will make the celebration even sweeter.
This Birthday Snack Mix is so easy to make with lots of yummy sweet and salty ingredients…
You’ll start by coating the Chex cereal, pretzels and peanuts in melted vanilla candy coating and then gently stir in half the sprinkles before spreading it out on parchment paper and immediately sprinkling the mix with the rest of the sprinkles, fruit loops and Birthday Hat Bugles.
Let it set for about 20 minutes and you’re ready to party! Serve it in a big bowl or bag it up in individual baggies to send home with guests as party favors.
So fun and yummy yum! Wishing a very happy birthday to the one you’re celebrating. I hope it’s a sweet and special day for them!
Birthday Snack Mix
Make someone’s birthday extra special with this Birthday Snack Mix. It’s a sweet and salty treat made extra festive with colorful sprinkles, cereal and the cutest little Birthday Hat Bugles!
Author: Maegan – The BakerMama
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 (12 ounce) box rice Chex cereal (about 7 cups)
- 2 cups itty bitty minis pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 (16 ounce) packages CandiQuik vanilla candy coating or 2 (20 ounce) packages vanilla almond bark
- 1 (5.25 ounce) container rainbow sprinkles
- 2 (1.3 ounce) containers pastel confetti decors
- 2 cups Fruit Loops cereal
- 36 Birthday Hat Bugles
- In a large bowl, combine the Chex cereal, pretzels and peanuts.
- In a microwave safe bowl or the container the candy coating comes in, melt one package of the candy coating according to package directions, usually 90 seconds to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Be sure not to over melt the candy coating as it will burn and become too thick to stir and coat the mix evenly.
- Pour the melted candy coating over the ingredients in the large bowl and toss to coat with a large spoon. Ingredients should be evenly coated in the candy coating. Repeat with the other package of candy coating and toss again until ingredients are very well coated.
- Pour in half the container of rainbow sprinkles and one container of the pastel confetti decors. Gently stir the mixture to incorporate.
- Spread the mixture out in an even layer on parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle with the remaining sprinkles and other container of pastel confetti decors and then the Fruit Loops Cereal.
- Allow mixture to cool completely. Break apart and toss with Bugle birthday hats. Store in an airtight container, baggie or glass jar with a lid.