Ingredients: Blackberry : 2 cups (fresh or 2/3 cup dried),Dry whole chili : 1/2 soaked with figs,Dry Figs : 6 soaked in 1/2 cup of water for 3-4 hours,Lemon rind : 1/2 lemon large,Salt : 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Grind blackberries, figs and red chili in a coarse paste in the grinder with the water in which figs and chili were soaked.
- Pour the paste out in a pan.
- Put the pan on medium heat.
- Add all the above ingredients to the paste.
- Let the ingredients simmer together for 4-5 minutes.Your sweet and spicy blackberry and fig chutney/compote is ready .Enjoy on top of the toast or crackers.
- Serve as a side/dip for pretzels, celery sticks, breadsticks. For more fun, top a bit over your vanilla ice cream . Enjoy it with chopped nuts as well!Note : it can be stored in an air tight jar in the fridge for upto 10-12 days.Yield : approximately 1 cup
- Serve size : 1 tbsp