Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon Recipe – Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, this sweet and tangy salmon recipe is an easy weeknight meal that will quickly have everyone coming back for seconds.
If you’re in need of a new recipe to spice up your seafood dinners, look no further than this one skillet, 20-minute Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon Recipe! It is coated with a wonderful brown sugar glaze to make a tasty homemade sauce that creates the most flavorful salmon meal.
Friends, have you noticed that I love salmon? I do. LOTS of love!
Since it’s already been a bit over a month from the time that I shared this awesome Pan-Seared Salmon recipe, I figured it’s time we talk about my next top-of-the-list salmon dish.
This, my dear friends, is Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon prepared with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar, fresh ginger, and lime.
Searing salmon in a sweet and tangy brown sugar sauce is possibly my favorite way to cook this fish.
HOW TO COOK SALMON IN A SKILLET
- We start off by cooking the fish fillets in a hot skillet, skin side up, for around 6 to 7 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Flip and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
In the meantime, prepare the brown sugar sauce.
HOW TO MAKE A BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
- In a small mixing bowl combine melted coconut oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar fresh ginger, lime juice and lime zest. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the sauce to the hot skillet; cook for 1 minute, turning the fillets to coat with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Salmon is versatile, it’s super easy to cook, it’s healthy, it’s hearty, AND it takes on all-the-flavors!
COOK’S NOTES ABOUT COOKING SALMON
- Remove fish from the fridge 15 minutes before you’re ready to start cooking.
- Place the fillets in an oiled hot cast iron skillet or a nonstick pan.
- DO NOT move the fish around until it has cooked about 3/4 of the way up. Then, flip it and continue to cook for a couple more minutes.
- Once you add in the sauce, be careful not to burn it. The sauce/glaze will not need more than a minute to thicken and glaze the fish.
The crispy exterior and tender interior will be enough for you to put this salmon dinner at the top of your favorites. Serve it with brown rice and steamed veggies for a complete and delicious weeknight meal!
MORE SALMON RECIPES:
SIDE DISH FOR SALMON:
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon Recipe
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, this sweet and tangy salmon recipe is an easy weeknight meal that will quickly have everyone coming back for seconds.
Servings: 4 Serves
Calories: 378 kcal
FOR THE SALMON
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 (4 to 6 ounces each) skin-on salmon fillets
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
FOR THE BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- sliced green onions, for garnish
FOR THE SALMON
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer to the skillet, skin-side up. (SEE MY NOTES)
Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned and cooked about three quarters of the way through.
Flip over and cook for 2 more minutes.
In the meantime prepare the BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
In a mixing bowl combine melted coconut oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, ginger, lime zest, lime juice, and fresh ground black pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
Once the fish has cooked on both sides, lower heat to medium and add the brown sugar glaze to the pan.
Swirl it around and cook for 1 minute, or until it starts to thicken, flipping each fillet around to coat.
Garnish with cilantro/parsley and green onions; serve.
DO NOT crowd the pan. It is best to cook two salmon fillets at a time. When it’s time to work with the glaze, add all the fillets to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 7
Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19g 29%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Cholesterol 97mg 32%
Sodium 441mg 18%
Potassium 934mg 27%
Total Carbohydrates 15g 5%
Protein 34g 68%
Vitamin A 2.2%
Vitamin C 1.3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.