Caramel Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes Servings: 10(1 loaf or 10 slices)
Moist banana bread sweetened with caramel sauce and covered with even more caramel sauce!
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (optional)
- Mix the bananas, butter, brown sugar, caramel sauce, sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract before mixing in the mixture of the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before pouring the caramel sauce over it and slicing! Enjoy with melted butter and even more caramel sauce!
Option: Add 1 cup chopped nuts.
Option: Add 1 teaspoon coarse salt to the banana bread and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt on top[ of the caramel drizzle for a salted caramel version!