Ingredients: 1 ½ cups pitted cherries (from about ¾ lb cherries),1 tsp corn starch,1 ¾ cups cream,1 tsp lemon juice,¾ cup milk,1 pinch salt,½ cup sugar
- Put cherries, milk, one cup of the cream, sugar, and salt into a medium saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat until the mixture is steamy, then lower the heat and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a blender, and carefully pure ( because of the hot liquid).Put mixture into a large bowl and stir in the remaining cup of cream. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator until completely cold.Stir in cornstarch, lemon juice and Amaretto.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
- Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for an hour before serving.Serving: take it out for 5-10 minutes before serving, or longer, so it comes to the right scooping temperature.