Ingredients: 185 gr butter,185 gr good quality dark chocolate,1 1/2 cups sugar,1 vanilla pod, seeds only,1 cup flour,2/3 cup selfraising flour,1/2 cup almond flour,2 pieces apples, small chunks,tablespoon optional; cinnamon, approx. ½,3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Put the butter and chocolate in a double boiler and over low heat let them melt slowly together. Once melted take of the heat and let it cool slightly.
- In a large bowl put the sugar, seeds of the vanilla pod and the eggs together and whisk until you have a light creamy mass.
- Add the flour, selfraising flour and almond flour and combine until it becomes an even mass.
- Add the melted chocolate/butter mix and stir until everything is completely combined.
- If you want you can sprinkle the apple chunks with cinnamon prior to adding them to the batter.
- Add the apple into the batter and mix well.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper
- Put the batter into the tin up to roughly 3/
- It’s heavy batter so will not rise a lot.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the top of the cake feels firm to the touch.
- You can check with a wooden pin but keep in mind that it needs to be moist inside!