This chocolate chip mug cookie is pure gooey comfort food in a mug. Loaded with chocolate chips, just pop in the microwave and ping! A warm treat or dessert that the whole family will love!
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
Want your chocolate fix without a ton of cooking, mess and cleanup? Look no further than this melt-in-the-mouth chocolate chip cookie in a mug! No need to make a huge batch of anything, you can slip to the kitchen and make one for you, or whip up a few for the fam.
Why You’ll Love this Mug Cookie Recipe:
- KID FRIENDLY: It’s like their favorite warm cookie in a mug! They can even help prep them.
- EASY TO MAKE: Made with a handful of pantry staples, no oven needed.
- VERSATILE: Mix things up and add in your favorite mix ins.
These dreamy mug cookies are perfect for chocolate lovers!
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a small bowl, mix your wet ingredients then add in your dry ingredients.
- Transfer the mix to a microwave safe mug and sprinkle on remaining chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 minute then allow to cool slightly.
- Top with ice cream if desired and serve!
Yes. Simply double all ingredients and divide the chocolate chip cookie dough between 2 prepared microwave-safe mugs. Bake one mug at a time.
No. Only place one mug in the microwave at time to ensure proper baking.
All microwaves are different so the 1 minute bake time is approximate. If your cookie turned out dry, next time reduce the cook time by 15 seconds and check for doneness.
The top of the chocolate chip cookie should be set, puffy, and a little wet – no longer raw and jiggling.
You’ll be amazed at the gooey, delicious perfection that comes out of just a few simple ingredients and 1 minute in a microwave! Homemade cookies have never been so easy!
Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie Storage
This chocolate chip mug cookie is best enjoyed fresh and is not meant to be reheated.
Cookie in a Mug Tips
– Don’t overfill your mug, mug cookies can rise a lot more than regular cakes and cookies.
– Use a wider mug so the batter cooks evenly through.
– Grease the mug well before adding the batter.
Mug Cookie Variations
– You can use different chocolate chips, like white or mint – whatever your heart desires!
– Play around with other ,mix in favorites, like nuts or sprinkles.
– If you don’t have an appropriate mug you can use a ramekin.
– Sub in gluten free flour if you desire.
If you love fresh brownies or cookies but don’t want to spend too long making a batch, then this dreamy chocolate chip mug cookie is made for you!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!