This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownie Pie is exceptional! A fudgy brownie bottom topped with a light & fluffy strawberry pudding and topped with chocolate sauce. Decadent, divine, and oh so delicious!
Y’all – I am DONE with my book!
Where’s my flute of champagne?!
I am so so so glad I’m finished, but also kind of sad. I guess it’s like when you’re pregnant and you have the baby. You miss being pregnant, but you’re also like thank god it’s out of me so I can have my body back. Except replace “baby” with “book” and “body” with “life.”
And now I can slightly have my life back again, which means I can dip my feet yet again in the online dating world, or go on a vacation or drink champagne starting at noon daily because I’m done, y’all.
Of course, there’s still editing to do and whatnot, but that’s okay. The bulk of the work is over and for that I’m eternally grateful. Also, I’m never writing 2 books in 1 year again. (Ask me in 2018 and I guarantee I’ll do it again).
So now that the book writing’s over and the holidays have passed, it’s time to start shoving Valentine’s Day in yo faces. (Sorry not sorry!!)
And the perfect way to segue into Valentine’s Day is by giving you the recipe for this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownie Pie. Let me just say: it’s awesome!
I have a recipe very similar to this one in my new book, and my book recipe had me thinking – there are a lot of different flavor combinations here besides the one I used! And because of Valentine’s Day, I figured strawberry was an appropriate choice… and boy, was I right!
First, you bake your brownie. It’s essential to use an 8×8″ pan size pouch of brownie mix here. If you can’t find that, measure out about 2 cups brownie mix and add your ingredients (I’ll post the measurements in the recipe below!!)
Bake your brownie and let it cool. Then, whip up your strawberry pudding layer. It’s literally strawberry pudding mix + milk. Then fold in some whipped cream (or Cool Whip if you fancy like me) and spread that goodness over the brownie layer.
The hardest part is letting this bad boy refrigerate for a few hours to set and get all purty and fab. But once it’s ready to cut, just try not to face plant it.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownie Pie
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Pie
This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownie Pie is FANTASTIC! A fudgy brownie bottom, a fluffy & light strawberry pudding layer and it’s topped off with chocolate covered strawberries and fresh whipped cream. So stunning and fabulous!
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- 1 8×8″ brownie mix pouch (See Note below), plus ingredients on back of pouch
- 1 3.9 ounce box instant strawberry pudding mix
- 1 & ½ cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed & divided
- 6 chocolate-covered strawberries
- Chocolate syrup
- NOTE: If you cannot find the 8×8″ pouch of brownie mix, use 2 cups of a fudge brownie mix and mix in ⅓ cup oil, 2 Tbsp water, and 1 egg)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the deep dish frozen pie crust onto a rimmed baking sheet and prick the pie crust all over the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions, or see the note above. Pour the brownie batter into the pie crust and smooth out the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- Whisk together the dry pudding mix and milk until thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in ¾ths of the Cool Whip until fluffy and light. Pour the strawberry mixture on top of the brownie layer and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 6 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, pipe or dollop the remaining Cool Whip around the perimeter of the pie and garnish with the chocolate-covered strawberries and chocolate syrup.
Fudgy, sweet, chocolaty and bursting with juicy strawberry flavor, this pie will be your Valentine!
Have a super sweet day!