Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chickpea Soup with Tahini and Feta
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A chickpea and roasted red pepper soup with creamy tahini and a splash of lemon!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 4 roasted red peppers
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, paprika, and cayenne and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, red peppers, and chickpeas, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, before pureeing in a blender, or food processor or with a stick blender.
- Mix in the tahini and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Option: Serve garnished with crumbled feta.
Option: Serve garnished with fresh thyme.
Option: Serve garnished with tahini drizzle. (Tahini mixed with lemon juice and water.)
Option: Serve garnished with chickpeas.
Option: Serve garnished with sesame seeds.