Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Linguine
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 4
A quick and easy linguine pasta with succulent shrimp in a creamy alfredo sauce along with bacon and broccoli!
- 8 ounces linguine or your favourite pasta (gluten free for gluten free)
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets (optional)
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Start cooking the pasta as directed and steam the broccoli.
- Cook the bacon in a large pan and set aside on paper towels to drain, before draining off some or all of the bacon grease from the pan.
- Melt the butter in the pan over medium-high heat, add the shrimp and cook, about 2-3 minutes per side, and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, add the heavy cream, and parmesan and cook until the parmesan melts and the sauce thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes, before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the pasta in with the alfredo sauce along with the shrimp, bacon and broccoli and serve garnished with parsley.
Note: Steam the broccoli by placing it in a steamer above a sauce pan with boiling water until the broccoli is tender.
Option: Make this as you like! I like to add bacon and a veggie like the broccoli, asparagus, etc. but it’s great without either!