This plate of Crispy Feta with Lemon Pepper Chicken and Rice is full of flavor, color, and deliciousness. It’s going to become a new favorite. Crispy pan-fried feta cheese paired with spicy garlic chicken, peppers, and severed over rice. When you’re in need of an easy, vibrant, and fresh – yet still totally exciting dinner, make this. Every bite is layered with delicious Middle Eastern inspired flavor. It’s hard to beat crispy feta!
Leave it to me to figure out a way to turn a block of feta cheese into dinner. It’s no secret that I love to use feta in many ways, but this might just be my favorite. It’s crispy, warm, melty, and so delicious. It has fragrant roasted peppers…plus chicken to balance things out.
How this dish really came to fruition is something I could never fully explain. It was 100% created within my head. And while I had no idea what to call the recipe, I’ve been so excited to share it. This really is a new favorite.
So much incredible flavor here, so simple, and just delicious!
While things might seem complicated, I promise I made this as simple as possible. Since the chicken takes the longest to cook, start here. I decided to roast it up with a mix of paprika, cumin, and ginger. All simple Middle Eastern spices.
To that same pan, I added a ton of bell peppers…red, orange, and yellow, then shallots and garlic.
Everything roasts together, creating the most fragrant dish. The chicken and peppers alone are a meal in itself.
But the feta makes everything better! The feta was the real reason for the idea of this whole meal. Basically, I wanted to turn a block of crispy feta cheese into dinner. I also knew I wanted peppers and rice, then I built out the recipe from there.
The feta is actually so simple. You need a block of feta cheese and either cornstarch or arrowroot powder. The cornstarch helps the feta to crisp nicely in the skillet. Use a little olive oil to pan-sear the feta and that’s it. It needs nothing more.
For serving, I whisked up a simple vinaigrette with olive oil, champagne vinegar, honey, chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
And then rice, you really do need rice. Rice, or even orzo, would be good too – but I love rice with this dish. Spoon the chicken and peppers over warm rice, then break the feta over the peppers. Next, take the vinaigrette and pour it over everything, then add lots and lots of fresh herbs…cilantro and dill are my usual mix.
Oh, and we can forget the naan, it’s great for scooping. My ideal meal any night of the week!
Looking for fun dinners? Here are my favorites:
Lastly, if you make this
Crispy Feta with Lemon Pepper Chicken and Rice be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Crispy Feta with Lemon Pepper Chicken and Rice
Calories Per Serving: 492 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- kosher salt and black pepper
- chili flakes
- 4 bell peppers, sliced I used red, orange, and yellow
- 1-2 fresno peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 8 ounce feta cheese block, patted dry
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup mixed fresh herbs, cilantro, parsley, and dill
- optional rice for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F. 2. On a baking sheet, toss together the chicken, 3 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, cumin, ginger, and a pinch each of salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Add the bell peppers, fresno, shallots, and garlic and toss with the chicken. Bake 25 minutes, until cooked through. 3. Meanwhile, make the feta. Add the cornstarch to a shallow bowl. Add the block of feta and toss to coat all sides. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the feta and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden and crisp. Transfer the feta to a plate.4. To make the vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. 5. Serve the chicken and peppers topped with fresh herbs. Break the crispy feta overtop. Pour over the vinaigrette. I’d add rice, then enjoy!