Crispy Phyllo Wrapped Baked Feta with Honey
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
Warm baked feta wrapped in layers of crispy, golden brown phyllo pastry and drizzled with honey!
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces feta, 1/2 inch thick slices
- 4 tablespoons honey (optionally warmed)
- Lightly brush the entire sheet of phyllo pastry with olive oil on both sides before wrapping a slice of feta up in it and placing it on a baking sheet. Repeat for remaining phyllo and feta. (You should get 2-4+ layers of phyllo when the sheet is wrapped up around the feta.)
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the phyllo is lightly golden brown and crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle the honey over the phyllo packets and enjoy while warm!
Option: Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top!
Option: Add a flavour to the honey, such as: lemon, orange, cinnamon, rose water, thyme, lavender, etc.