It’s time to get warm and cozy with this delicious Crockpot cabbage roll soup recipe. Made with ground beef, rice and lots of fresh veggies, this tomato based soup is seasoned with flavorful herbs and spices. Cooked in the slow cooker, this is one effortless recipe!
Cabbage Roll Soup
Hearty, healthy and filling, it’s so easy to make this soup from scratch in the slow cooker. Loaded with ground beef and fresh veggies, set it to cook earlier in the day and have a delicious dinner waiting for you.
This is a great recipe that the whole family will enjoy, and you’ll enjoy how easy it is!
Why You’ll Love this Crockpot Soup Recipe:
- HEALTHY: This is a great well balanced meal with good amounts of protein and carbs as well as lots of vitamins and minerals from all the veggies. One serving is around 400 calories.
- ONE POT: All cooked right in the slow cooker, even the clean up is a breeze!
- MAKE AHEAD: Once made, this soup has a good shelf life and is easily reheated. It’s freezer friendly too!
This is no ordinary cabbage soup recipe! Full of rich and delicious flavors, this is one you’ll make time and time again!
How to Make Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Saute the bacon and onion in a skillet.
- Add in the ground beef to brown it.
- Add the cooked beef and all of the other ingredients to the Crockpot.
- Cook, season to taste and top with parm to serve.
Instead of ground beef, use an equal amount of ground chicken, turkey, or spicy Italian sausage.
Use your favorite kind of long grain rice.
Yes! Follow the recipe as written, using a large pot instead of a crockpot. Bring the soup to a boil in step 3, cover the pot, and simmer for 30-45 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the vegetables are tender.
Cabbage roll soup freezes wonderfully! Store in airtight containers in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This Crockpot cabbage roll soup is a really hearty and filling meal by itself. If you are extra hungry, serve it with some bread of a side salad.
However you decide to serve it, one thing is for sure, this is sure to fill and satisfy hungry tummies!
- If you are in a real hurry, you can add the beef and onions straight into the Crockpot. Only do this is a pinch though as the browning really adds flavor.
- Once made, you can keep the soup in the Crockpot on a warm setting for up to 2 hours.
- If making ahead of time, let the soup cool fully before storing in an air tight container.
There’s nothing shy about this cabbage soup recipe. It’s full of bold flavors that will make you come back for more!
Can I leave out the bacon?
Yes. Simply omit the bacon, skip step 1, and cook the onion with the ground beef in step 2.
How long does this soup take to cook?
Cook this cabbage roll soup in the slow cooker on high for 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
How far ahead can I make this soup?
This soup will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days and is easily reheated quickly on the stovetop.
This Crockpot cabbage roll soup is sure to warm you from the inside out. So effortless to make, it’s perfect for those chilly evenings.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!