Ingredients: 2 cups Arborio rice,2 cups Arborio rice,2 Bay leaves,2 tablespoons butter,1/2 cup Parmesano-Reggian cheese,8 cups chicken broth,1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced,3/4 cup dry white wine,2 cloves of garlic, minced,1/2 pound morel mushrooms, sliced,3 tablespoons olive oil,1 onion, finely chopped, divided,2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped,Salt and pepper,2 Ts fresh thyme, chopped,Truffle oil, for finishing
- Heat the chicken broth in a medium saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 onion and 1 clove garlic, cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh mushrooms, herbs and butter.
- Saute for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned, season with salt and pepper. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Saute 1 minute then remove from heat and set aside.Coat a saucepan with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Over medium heat, saute the remaining 1/2 onion and garlic clove.
- Add the rice and stir quickly until it is well-coated and opaque, 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and cook for 20 minutes without the lid on.Stir in wine and cook until it is nearly all evaporated.With a ladle, add 1 cup of the warm broth and cook, stirring, until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Add the remaining broth, 1 cup at a time, cooking and stirring, allowing the rice to absorb each addition of broth before adding more. The risotto should be slightly firm and creamy, not mushy.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the rice mixture.Stir in Parmesan cheese, cook briefly until melted. Top with a drizzle of truffle oil and chopped parsley before serving.