- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (only if you use unsalted butter)
- freshly chopped parsley, if desired
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Whisk in the flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the cream. Turn heat to medium-high and whisk occasionally until the mixture comes to a slow boil. Reduce heat to simmer and stir in the cheese; stir until melted. Add salt only if you have used unsalted butter. Add about 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Use alfredo sauce immediately for your recipe, or refrigerate (covered) until ready to serve. Sauce will stay nicely in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
This photo is copyright protected