- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices of good quality rustic bread, buttered and toasted
- 4 large green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Combine mayonnaise and prepared basil pesto. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until brown and crispy. Set aside. Remove all but 2 tbsp bacon fat from skillet.
- Carefully crack and open eggs into skillet and cook over very low heat until whites are done and yolks are not completely cooked.
- Spread basil mayonnaise on toasted bread slices.
- Add lettuce, tomato, and 2 strips of bacon to each of 4 slices of bread and top each with an egg.
- Top each sandwich with bread and serve immediately
This photo is copyright protected