Eating healthy doesn’t mean sacrificing flavor! This delicious quinoa salad is packed with nutritious ingredients and bursting with flavor. Perfect for a quick, wholesome lunch, this salad is sure to become a go-to in your meal rotation. Here’s how to make it:
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and place it in a pot with two cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, rinse and drain the chickpeas. In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, diced peppers, red onion, avocado, and cilantro.
- When the quinoa is done, remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Add it to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, cumin, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
This quinoa salad is a perfect example of how healthy eating can be delicious and satisfying. Packed with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals, this salad is a nutritious and flavorful lunch option that will keep you feeling full and energized. Give it a try and see how easy it can be to eat well!