Are you tired of boring lunches at work? Do you want to spice things up a bit? Look no further than this Jamaican jerk chicken salad recipe! It’s packed with flavor and will turn your lunch into a mini Caribbean vacation.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Coat chicken breasts with Jamaican jerk seasoning.
- Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Let the chicken cool for a few minutes, then slice it into strips.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, avocado, mango, red onion, and cilantro.
- Add the sliced chicken to the bowl.
- Drizzle the lime juice and olive oil over the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together until the salad is coated in dressing.
- Divide the salad into bowls and serve.
Note: If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, you can grill the chicken and chop the veggies in advance. Store everything separately in airtight containers in the fridge, and then assemble the salad when you’re ready to eat.
There you have it! This Jamaican jerk chicken salad is quick, easy, and packed with flavor. It’s the perfect way to spice up your lunch break and impress your coworkers with your culinary skills. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
About the Author
Hi! My name is Jane and I love to cook delicious and healthy food. I created this website to share my recipes with people who are looking to eat well and feel good. Thanks for visiting!