How does this breakfast omelette recipe contribute to a healthy and nutritious morning routine?
Looking for a quick and healthy breakfast option? Look no further than this delicious omelette recipe! Packed with protein and veggies, this omelette will give you the energy you need to start your day off right. Plus, it’s easy and fast to make!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- Add salt and pepper to the eggs and stir until combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the bell pepper and onion to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the ham to the pan and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and let it cook for 1-2 minutes or until the edges start to set.
- Using a spatula, lift the edges of the omelette and let the uncooked egg run underneath.
- When the omelette is mostly set, sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on one half of the omelette and use the spatula to fold the other half of the omelette over the cheese.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer the omelette to a plate and serve hot.