There’s nothing like the smell of fresh-baked pretzels wafting through the house. But why settle for plain old pretzels? With this recipe, you can make your own delicious cinnamon sugar pretzels that are perfect for snacking or sharing (if you’re feeling generous).
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110-115°F)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water, sugar, kosher salt, and yeast. Stir until the yeast is dissolved and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and melted butter to the bowl and mix with a dough hook until the dough comes together. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes on a floured surface until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, bring 10 cups of water and baking soda to a rolling boil.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts and roll each part into a long rope. Shape each rope into a pretzel and dip it into the boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove the pretzel from the water and let it dry on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix granulated sugar and ground cinnamon together.
- Brush melted butter on each pretzel and sprinkle it with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the pretzels are golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!