This Frozen Mudslide is my new favorite cocktail! Made with a mix of Kahlúa, Irish cream, vanilla ice cream and vodka – it’s a delicious boozy milkshake that you’ll want to tuck into!
This frozen cocktail is a wonderful cross between a milkshake and a dessert. It’s lusciously thick ,creamy and chocolatey, with notes of coffee and vanilla, so good! Easy to make, you can whip this up for parties, BBQ’s or whenever you need a yummy chocolate treat!
Why You’ll Love this Mudslide Recipe:
- AN EASY COCKTAIL RECIPE: Only four main ingredients, this can be rustled up in the blender in 5 minutes!
- CHOCOLATE LOVERS DREAM: The Kahlúa brings a rich mix of dark chocolate and coffee, all topped off with chocolate syrup – heaven!
- GREAT FOR VALENTINE’S DAY: Whip this luscious treat up for you and your loved one, it’ll go down a treat!
If you are a fan of the classic mudslide cocktail then you will adore this frozen version!
How to Make Frozen Mudslides
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix your mudslide ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
A frozen mudslide is a cocktail made with a base of vanilla ice cream mixed with vodka, Khalúa coffee liqueur, and Irish cream. All of this gets blended and drizzled with chocolate to create an indulgent, creamy cocktail.
The total calorie count of a mudslide will depend on what brand and type of ice cream you use. If you choose to use full-fat ice cream, this recipe comes to about 900 calories per serving. With light ice cream, it comes in closer to 800 calories per serving.
Despite the high ABV of vodka, the overall alcohol content of this drink is about 5%, which is equivalent to the alcohol content of 1 beer.
Yes! To make a mudslide on the rocks, combine the vodka, Kahlúa, and Irish cream in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until the shaker becomes frosty on the outside. Drizzle chocolate syrup inside a martini glass, then pour the contents of the shaker over and enjoy!
Yes! To make a virgin mudslide, combine the ice cream with ½ cup cold coffee, ¼ cup chocolate syrup, and an optional 1 teaspoon of hazelnut syrup.
Whether you want your mudslide on the rocks or frozen, this makes for a perfect summer cocktail!
Pre-Chill For Best Results
Pre-chill the glasses for 30 minutes in the freezer to keep your mudslides from melting too quickly. This will also allow the chocolate drizzle to set up quickly, making beautiful drizzles that stay once the drinks have been poured.
Lower Calorie Variations
- Make it a slushy to reduce calories. Use 2 cups of crushed ice and 4-6 ounces of milk in place of the ice cream. This will yield a mudslide with a more slushy-like texture.
- Make it on the rocks for the lowest calorie option. Combine the vodka, Kahlúa, and Irish cream in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until the shaker becomes frosty on the outside. Drizzle chocolate syrup inside a martini glass, then pour the contents of the shaker over and enjoy!
- Use different flavors of ice cream to make unique mudslide flavors. I recommend chocolate or peanut butter!
- Make it minty for the holidays by adding ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract or using peppermint vodka. Garnish with crushed peppermints.
- Make it malty by adding 3 tablespoons of malted milk powder.
This Frozen Mudslide is divine! A boozy milkshake, packed with all those classic flavors such as vanilla, chocolate and coffee. It’s such an easy cocktail that’ll become your favorite tipple! Whether for dessert or a party, you can’t go wrong!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!