Ingredients: 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder,3 teaspoons butter,Pinch of cinnamon,1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar,5 eggs, separated,12 ounces can evaporated milk,1/2 cup half-and-half,1/2 cup masa harina,1/4 cup milk,Sliced strawberries and mint leaves,1 teaspoon orange zest,Pinch salt,1/2 cup sorghum flour,1/4 cup sugar,1 cup sugar,14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk,1 teaspoon vanilla,1 teaspoon vanilla extract,1 cup whipping cream,1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 13X9 baking dish. In a large bowl, beat c sugar, egg yolks, and butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Fold in the vanilla extract, orange zest, cinnamon, sorghum flour, masa harina, baking powder, xanthan gum, and milk.In another large bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks, adding cream of tartar after about 20 seconds. Gradually add the remaining c sugar and continue beating until egg whites are glossy and firm, but not dry.Gently fold the egg whites into the cake mixture.
- Pour this batter into the baking dish, spreading out evenly.
- Bake until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Pierce cake all over with a toothpick.
- Whisk together the milks, and pour evenly over cake. Allow to cool for a bit, and cover and place in refrigerator for 4 hours, up to overnight.Before serving, place the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla in a mixer bowl and whisk to stiff peaks, and nice and thick.
- Spread over cake and top with strawberries and mint leaves.Allow to chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.