These Golden Oreo Cheesecake Bars are creamy cheesecake loaded with Oreos and swirled with buttery caramel baked on a crushed cookie crust! Easy to make, these cheesecake bars are perfect for any occasion!
And if you love cheesecake, make sure to check out my recipe and tips on how to make the Perfect Cheesecake!
Oreo Cheesecake Bars Are Easy and Delicious!
Oh friends, today’s recipe is a blast from the past! I made these bars and published the recipe WAY back in 2010. They are a classic Cookies and Cups favorite recipe for a lot of my OG readers…for good reason. These Golden Oreo Cheesecake Bars are OUT.OF.CONTROL. I thought the pictures needed a little sprucing up to re-share the recipe with all you newbies!
The idea came from my husbands love of the Golden Oreo, and I knew it would pair well with cheesecake. And to take it a step even further I added in a caramel swirl, oh yes I did.
Are You Team Golden Oreo or Classic Oreo?
My husband is a big Golden Oreo guy, claiming they are far superior to the classic. What are your thoughts? We’re fairly divided in my house…but the one thing we all agree on is they HAVE to be “Double Stuf”, regardless of the flavor when eating alone. For the sake of this recipe, though no need to use Double Stuf…regular Stuf works perfectly!
Can You Make These Cheesecake Bars With Classic Chocolate Oreos?
Absolutely! I do add a swirl of caramel into this recipe that you can leave out if you don’t like the idea of caramel and a chocolate Oreo…OR…replace it with hot fudge sauce. I mean RIGHT??
You could get even MORE creative and use one of the 4 million new flavors Oreo is always coming out with in these bars…They would ALL work! Here are a few examples:
- Birthday Cake Oreos…add sprinkles to make them even more festive!
- Mint Chocolate Oreos…what a cool and creamy combo!
- Carrot Cake Oreos…the caramel would work perfectly and you could even throw in some pecans.
- Red Velvet Oreos…these would be so pretty!
What Ingredients Do You Need?
- Cream Cheese
- Oreo Cookies
- Marshmallow Fluff or Marshmallow Creme
- Caramels – the soft kind you unwrap like Kraft or Werther’s (which are my favorite!)
- 1 egg
Do These Cheesecake Bars Need To Be Refrigerated?
Yes they do! Not only do you need to store these airtight in the fridge, but you will need to chill the bars for AT LEAST 4 hours after they are baked and cooled, so they will set up perfectly.
If you’ve ever made cheesecake before you know the waiting is the hardest part…but it can also be a great dessert option for guests because you can make this the night before!
Scared To Make Cheesecake?
If you’ve never made cheesecake before, these bars are a great place to start! You don’t have to worry about a water bath, or cracking. Bars are WAY more forgiving than a whole cheesecake, as they aren’t as thick, and you will be adding in crushed cookies and caramel so you won’t notice any cracking!
The addition of marshmallow fluff into the recipe aids in the texture being more sturdy than classic cheesecake as well. You want it to hold up to the caramel and the chopped cookies and the fluff adds structure.
Looking For More Cheesecake Bars? I’ve Got Lots Of Recipes:
These Golden Oreo Cheesecake Bars are so incredibly delicious, creamy and sweet with a swirl of caramel!
- 28 Golden Oreo Cookies, divided 18 and 10
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 5.5 ounces soft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 (8-ounce packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 large egg
- Preheat to 350°F. Set aside a 9×9 baking pan.
- Crush 18 Golden Oreos (cream and all) in a ziplock bag, or food processor until they are a fine crumb.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Let this cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling place the caramels into a microwave-safe bowl with the milk. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the remaining 10 Oreos. Set these aside as well.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the cream cheese and Marshmallow Fluff on medium speed until combined and smooth, scraping down the sides half way through.
- Add in the egg and mix for 30 seconds until incorporated.
- Stir in your chopped Oreos.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the prepared crust. Set asid
- Place the caramels in the microwave and heat on high power in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until caramels are melted and smooth.
- Drop the caramel by spoonfuls onto the cheesecake and using a knife, swirl the caramel into the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until center is set.
- Cool for 20 minutes on wire rack and then cover and transfer to refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into squares when completely cooled.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze airtight for up to 30 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cheesecake, oreo cheesecake, cheesecake bars, oreos, golden oreos
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: