Simple to make and wonderfully comforting, this simple beef goulash recipe is loaded with flavor. Ready to serve in 35 minutes, it’s a great weeknight meal that will be devoured in record time!
Easy Goulash Recipe
This easy dinner is so simple and easy to make, it’s a great addition to your weekly meal rotation.
How to make Goulash
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the beef and onions in a pot and drain off any grease.
- Add the beef broth, marinara, tomatoes and seasonings and bring to a boil then simmer.
- Stir in the macaroni and cook until tender.
- Stir in the cheese and serve.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great make ahead dish, so don’t worry if you make too much!
Let the goulash cool to room temperature and place in an airtight container in the fridge and it will keep well for up to 4 days. Simply heat it through on the stovetop to serve.
Can you freeze it?
This makes for a great freezer meal option. Let it cool before transferring to sealable freezer bags or an airtight container. It will keep well for 3 months, after that time, it will still be good to eat, up to 6 months, but the texture of the pasta may change slightly.
Thaw your goulash in the fridge overnight before reheating on the stovetop.
Can you make it with other meats?
I like to use lean ground beef for this recipe, but you can easily make it with ground turkey, chicken or pork, or even try ground veal or bison.
To make it meat-free, you can use plant-based ‘meat’ crumbles. All options are equally as delicious!
- When the goulash is warm, it will resemble a soup, but it will thicken as it cools.
- Cook the goulash in a Dutch oven or heavy based pot. This will distribute the heat more evenly and you are less likely to get hot spots which can burn the bottom.
- Fell free to add in extra veggies. Bell peppers and mushrooms both work well.
- If making ahead of time, let it cool completely before storing.
This simple beef goulash recipe is such perfect comfort food. Super easy to make, rich in flavor and so perfectly filling.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!