This easy Grapefruit Rum Cocktail is made with real fruit juice, fresh mint leaves, club soda and more! It’s a cool and refreshing cocktail recipe, bursting with delicious tropical flavors and beauty.
A Refreshing Summer Cocktail Recipe
Why make a basic mojito when you can make this minty, ruby red grapefruit cocktail instead? It’s a fun citrus drink with a beautiful pinkish orange color. Served with juicy grapefruit slices and crushed ice, this cocktail is sure to cool you down this summer.
Our boozy drink is quick and easy to make with just 7 ingredients. It’s perfect for a party, or a relaxing evening on your front porch. Get ready to fall in love with the summery flavors of this rum cocktail!
What’s in this Cocktail?
- Mint Leaves
- Red Grapefruit Juice
- White Malibu Rum
- Grenadine: If you want to give your cocktail even more color and sweetness, add a splash of grenadine.
- Club Soda
- Grapefruit Slices: Fresh grapefruit slices make a gorgeous garnish for your drink.
How to Make a Grapefruit Rum Cocktail
- Muddle Mint & Sugar: In the bottom of a large pitcher, muddle together the mint leaves and sugar.
- Add Juice & Rum: Stir in the grapefruit juice and the rum. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Assemble: Fill cocktail glasses with crushed ice and add the prepared rum drink to each glass.
- Garnish & Serve: Top cocktails with a splash of club soda and a splash of grenadine, if desired. Garnish with grapefruit slices and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Cocktail
- Use White Malibu Rum: This drink makes even the cheapest rum taste good! But, if you opt for a tropical white rum, your cocktail will be even more delicious.
- Add Grenadine to Sweeten: Grenadine will give your cocktail an extra splash of color and sweetness. If you prefer more bitter drinks, you don’t have to add any.
- Half the Recipe for Smaller Yield: This recipe makes about 8 cocktails. Divide the listed portions in half if you’re making drinks for a few.
- Try a Different Spirit: This cocktail would also taste great with vodka, gin, or tequila.
What Goes with this Grapefruit Rum Cocktail
- Seafood: This grapefruit cocktail pairs so well with seafood! I love serving it with my quick and easy Garlic Butter Scallops.
- Dip: Everyone loves to enjoy a fruity drink with a savory dip. This Baked Shrimp Dip is a great option that tastes wonderful with veggies and chips.
- Chicken: Serve your cocktails with some juicy chicken breasts like my Balsamic Marinated Chicken!
More Cocktail Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Grapefruit Rum Cocktail
This easy Grapefruit Rum Cocktail is made with real fruit juice, fresh mint leaves, club soda and more! It’s a cool and refreshing cocktail recipe that’s bursting with flavor.
Calories: 303 kcal
- ½ cup packed mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 cups Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice, no pulp
- 3 cups White Malibu Rum
- splash grenadine, optional
- club soda
- grapefruit slices, for serving
In the bottom of a large pitcher, muddle together the mint leaves and sugar.
Stir in grapefruit juice, then rum. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Fill cocktail glasses with crushed ice; add prepared grapefruit rum cocktail to each glass.
Top with a splash of grenadine, if desired, and a splash of club soda.
Garnish with grapefruit slices and enjoy!
Grapefruit Rum Cocktail
Amount Per Serving
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 132IU3%
Vitamin C 49mg59%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.