What are the key ingredients in the Greek lunch recipe mentioned in the title?
Nothing beats home-cooked meals, especially if they are full of flavors that are unique to a particular region. If you’re craving Greek cuisine, then you’re in luck because this Greek lunch recipe is a surefire way to indulge in the flavors of Greece.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of kalamata olives
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the red pepper, onion, and cucumber into small pieces.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper to make the dressing.
- Once the quinoa is done, place it in a large bowl and add in the chopped vegetables, chickpeas, crumbled feta cheese, and kalamata olives.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss until everything is well-coated.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!
With the savory taste of feta cheese and the rich aroma of the homemade dressing, this Greek lunch recipe is one of the best ways to indulge in the flavors of Greece. It’s a simple recipe that can be made ahead of time and always leaves you satisfied. Serve this dish at your next luncheon or enjoy it as a midday snack.