Jalapeno Honey Lime Corn Salad with Avocado
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Servings: 6
A summer grilled corn salad with jalapeno and avocado in a honey lime dressing!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob
- 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced or finely diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes.
- Add the jalapeno, saute for a minute and remove from heat.
- Mix everything and enjoy!
Note: You can control the amount of spicy heat in the salad by using less, or more, jalapeno or by using a milder, or hotter, chili pepper such as poblano, serrano, etc.
Option: Grill the corn on the cob before slicing it off for the salad instead of charring it in the skillet!
Option: Add cooked and crumbled bacon!
Option: Add 1/2 tablespoon white miso paste! (I mix it in with the lime juice and the honey before mixing it into the salad.)
Option: Add crumbled cheese, such as queso fresco, feta, etc.