Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Total Time:30 minutes Servings: 6
All of the flavours of jalapeno poppers in a quick and easy chicken casserole for dinner!
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and diced or shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 sup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces jalapenos, sliced or diced
- 1 cup mozzarella (or monterey jack)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Mix the chicken into the mixture of the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper, jalapenos, mozzarella and parmesan and place into an 8 inch square baking pan before sprinkling on the cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese has melted, turned a light golden brown and the sides are bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Option: Replace the mayo with more sour cream or omit.
Option: Use whole, uncooked, boneless and skinless chicken breasts of thighs and bake 40 minutes.