Ingredients: cooked rice,cooked rice,cooked rice,2 eggs,2 cups flour,1 tablespoon Reduced-sodium soy sauce,1 tablespoon Sesame seeds,3 lbs. chicken breasts, skinless, boneless,1 cup sugar
- In a pan, pour about two inches of oil and heat on medium heat till hot.
- Cut chicken on the diagonal into thick strips, about two inches wide.In a bowl, beat eggs.In another container, place flour.Coat chicken strips in egg mixture first, then generously pat with flour, covering all sides. I will often give it a couple of coatings. There should be a thick layer of batter on the chicken pieces.When oil is hot, fry chicken pieces till golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken, and let rest on a paper towel to drain the oil.To make candy sauce, place soy sauce and sugar in a bowl and mix together, about 30 seconds.The sugar will not completely dissolve, but the mixture should be thick, and not grainy.
- Add sesame seeds and mix to incorporate.Dip chicken in sauce, covering all sides.Repeat, till all pieces are covered.
- Serve with rice, drizzle remain sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.