Meat Lovers Pizza Gnocchi
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:40 minutes Total Time:50 minutes Servings: 6
Soft and pillowy gnocchi done meat lover’s pizza style with pizza sauce, pepperoni, bacon, and beef all smothered in plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 pound gnocchi (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 4 ounces bacon, sliced
- 4 ounces of pepperoni, sliced
- 1 pound ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook the gnocchi as directed on the package.*
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat before setting aside.
- Cook the pepperoni in bacon grease in the pan and set aside.
- Optionally cook the gnocchi in the bacon grease until crispy and set aside.
- Add the beef and onion to the pan and cook, breaking the beef apart as it cooks, until cooked through, before draining off any excess grease.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, gnocchi, bacon and pepperoni, and simmer for a few minutes.**
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle on the cheese (and any garnishes**), cover and let it melt.***
Note: *Gnocchi are potato dumplings that can come fresh, dried, or frozen. Often gnocchi is boiled in water until it floats; if the package says to do this, do it in step 1. You can enjoy gnocchi either directly after boiling or you can fry it until crispy after boiling. If you want to fry it, do it in step 4, otherwise you can skip step 4.
Note: **I like to reserve some of the bacon and pepperoni to garnish the top.
Note: ***You can let the cheese melt on top from the heat in the sauce or you can transfer it to the oven to bake or broil to melt the cheese.
Option: Use your favourite pizza topping ingredients!