This Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake is an easy, no bake dessert for a summer cookout or birthday party! Made on a cookie dough crust, filled with no churn ice cream and topped with chunks of cookie dough. Includes step by step recipe video
So, one day back in December 2016, I was blown away by your love of cookie dough. This No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake is one of my most popular recipes to this day! (Right up there with its friends Oven Fried Chicken, Baked Ziti and Hambburger Helper)
I was actually on a holiday, on a cruise ship with my family in the middle of the ocean when the video went live, and it was an instant hit. Every time I managed to log on to the internet I was stunned by how crazy it had gone!
So I’m not exactly sure why it’s taken me so long to come up with another cookie dough recipe for you.
But rest assured, I’m back, and just in time for your 4th of July celebrations! (And seriously, this ice cream cake is SO simple to make that you actually can have it ready for your party tonight)
I know some people are weirded out by raw flour (I’ll admit, it’s not going to stop me from consuming the occasional cookie dough dessert), so this time I actually tried heat treating the flour which is supposed to kill any dangerous bacteria. It worked fine, and you can find instructions for heat treating your flour right here, if this is something you want to do.
If you want to make this recipe even easier, you can absolutely use store bought ice cream, cookie dough or another of your favorite flavors, and if you want to get creative you can throw just about anything into it.
Hot fudge sauce, caramel, cookie chunks, Oreos, sprinkles, candies, peanut butter swirls, nuts…. you name it. Don’t feel like you have to stick to the recipe! (I myself am obviously not one for rule-following ? ) I find the cookie dough really quite sweet (this recipe is for true cookie dough lovers!), so I think plain vanilla works well, too, or a mocha or something with a bit of saltiness would be perfect.
Watch the recipe video and see how easy it is to make!
No Bake Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake + RECIPE VIDEO
This Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake is an easy, no bake dessert for a summer cookout or birthday party! Made on a cookie dough crust and filled with chunks of cookie dough and swirls of hot fudge sauce. Includes step by step recipe video
tablespoons (3/4 cup) butter, softened
cups (300g) brown sugar
cups flour (heat-treated if desired, see link above)
cup mini chocolate chips
cups heavy 35% cream
(14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
cup thick fudge sauce, warmed slightly (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add salt, vanilla and milk and stir until combined.
- Add flour and chocolate chips and stir until a dough forms (use a mixer or your hands if necessary!).
- Line a 9″ Springform pan with parchment if desired. Press ⅔ of the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of the pan and 1.5″ up the sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Add condensed milk and beat until combined. Add fudge sauce and stir a few times until swirled (if desired).
- Pour ice cream mixture into cookie dough crust and freeze until firm (5-6 hours, depending on your freezer). Slice and serve. Keep leftovers frozen.