No bake superfood brownie energy bars packed with pistachios, pecans, walnuts, chia seeds, coconut and dried fruit! Topped with dark chocolate and sea salt. The perfect nutritious healthy dessert.
I’m sitting here watching the latest season of Stranger Things, staring at photos of these brownies and thinking how much I absolutely adore them. I’ve made them at least 10 times within the past month and still can’t get enough.
So I’ll just get this out now:
YOU NEED THEM IN YOUR LIFE! BADLY.
So what happens when a bunch of my favorite superfoods, healthy nuts, dates and cocoa powder come together?
Magical NO BAKE FUDGY CHOCOLATE ENERGY BITES that taste exactly like brownies!
I swear it’s true.
BTW sorry for writing in all caps a few times. If anything it should just relay my excitement for you to try these amazing brownies. They’re packed with simple ingredients like:
cocoa powder (or cacao!)
and dark chocolate on top with a little sea salt.
They’re impossible not to love yet healthy enough to enjoy for an afternoon snack. I love having them on hand for a healthier, nutritious dessert.
I swear to you, everyone who tries these LOVES them!
If you make these, be sure to leave a comment below and rate the recipe. And if you’re on Instagram, you can give me a follow here and tag #ambitouskitchen with the recipes you make from my site!
No Bake Superfood Dark Chocolate Brownie Energy Bars + video
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
- Serving size: 1 bar (based on 8)
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 14.2g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9g
- Sugar: 18.2g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4.5g
Recipe type: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
- For the bars:
- 1 cup packed pitted Medjool dates
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raw pecans halves
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, divided
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1 tablespoon melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup goji berries (or dried cherries)
- 1 tablespoon warm water, if necessary
- For the topping
- 1.5 ounces 85% dark chocolate (vegan, if desired)
- To garnish:
- 1 tablespoon shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Add dates, walnuts, pecans, only ¼ cup of pistachios to the bowl of a food processor. Process until chunky. Next add in unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds, cocoa powder, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Process again until mixture is chunky and slightly clumping. If mixture is dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Next add in remaining ¼ cup pistachios and goji berries and pulse again a few times until pistachios are slightly chunky. Add mixture into a 8×4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper, pressing evenly towards the sides of the pan.
- Add dark chocolate to a small saucepan and place over low heat until melted. You can also microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is fully melted and smooth. Pour over the bars, tilting pan so that the chocolate covers the bars evenly. Garnish the bars with 1 tablespoon of the following: pistachios, goji berries and crushed pecans.
- Place bars in the freezer for 30 minutes-1 hour to harden. Once ready to serve, sprinkle with Maldon sea salt then cut into 8 squares. Store safely covered in the freezer for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
If you want you can keep the melted dark chocolate of the top. They are still incredibly delicious!