What ingredients are needed to make Greek lemonade?
When you think of Greece, you might picture white sandy beaches, blue skies, and some delicious Mediterranean food. But did you know that Greece is also famous for its refreshing lemonade? Made with fresh lemons, sugar, and water, this drink will quench your thirst even on the hottest days. So why not bring a taste of the Mediterranean to your home and try this simple and delicious recipe? Opa!
- 6 large lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Wash the lemons and cut them in half. Squeeze the juice out of each lemon and set aside.
- In a large pitcher, mix the sugar with 1 cup of water and stir until dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and the remaining 5 cups of water, and stir well.
- Add ice cubes to the pitcher and stir again.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired and serve chilled.
There you have it, a refreshing and easy-to-make Greek lemonade that will transport you straight to the Mediterranean coast. Enjoy it on its own or as a perfect match to your favorite dish, and don’t forget to say “Opa!”