Get the goodness in with this four ingredient wellness shot. Fresh and zingy, this orange ginger shot is loaded with vitamins and minerals to help you feel fresh and rejuvenated.
Healthy Ginger and Orange Drink
Every now and again you need a hit of goodness, and my go to of late is this zingy orange and ginger shot.
It’s a great way to quickly get the goodness in and it’s loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Why you’ll love this Ginger Shot recipe:
- QUICK AND EASY: It takes minutes to make these wellness shots, perfect for a busy morning.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: You only need four basic ingredients to make these tasty shots.
- HEALTHY: Made with fresh and natural ingredients, these shots are full of vitamin C, anti-inflammatories and antioxidants. Perfect if you are felling under the weather.
How to make this Orange Ginger Shot
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Peel the oranges, lemons and ginger.
- Blend everything together until smooth.
How long does it keep?
These orange and ginger shots are best enjoyed within 24 hours of making them. As soon as the fruits are blended, they slowly start to lose some of their nutrients due to being oxidized.
They will keep well covered in the fridge for 3 to 4 days, but for maximum benefits drink as soon as you can.
Can you use another sweetener?
I like to use a raw natural honey to sweeten this drink as it’s rich in antioxidants and is a natural antibacterial. If you are vegan, you can replace this with maple syrup, or use liquid stevia if you are low carb.
Why make these?
These shots are a quick and easy way to get the goodness in. We all lead busy lives and it can be hard to get all the fruit and veggie into our daily diets.
These ginger shots are a great way to boost your vitamins and the zingy flavor will wake you up to face the day ahead.
- If your ginger is organic you don´t need to peel it, just remove dry and stringy pieces
- If your blender is not powerful enough to blend very finely, for example blending spinach until it is so fine you don´t see pieces anymore, you might want to juice the fruits first.
These orange and ginger shots are a great way to keep your health goals on track and are an easy addition to a well balanced diet. They happen to be super delicious too!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!