Outrageous Cookies and Cream Cookies are thick, gooey Oreo Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies sandwiched between a Double Stuf Oreo cookie!
I have to tell you…when I made these just a few days ago, I didn’t really have any intention of posting the recipe here…and I certainly didn’t plan on posting the recipe so quickly! But you know, life has a tendency of turning what was supposed to be a quick cookie experiment into a freaking delicious cookie accident!
And since today is “back to school” day for my kids, I decided all the mamas out there needed a cookie to celebrate. With a side of rosé. It’s called self care, people.
MY OTHER RECIPES
These are every bit as indulgent as they look. They’re huge, for one. And they are a thick, gooey pudding cookie, that is sandwiched between a Double Stuf Oreo cookie. It’s what cookies and cream dreams are made of.
I riffed on my Oreo Pudding Cookie recipe that I posted a while back…which is fantastic, by the way. BUT I knew I wanted the cookie to be a little thicker, and instead of chopping Oreos up inside the cookie, why not just use Jenny’s idea for Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies and do it backwards? A Cookie stuffed Oreo! Some ideas are just good.
Obviously the cookie dough is super simple. I am not trying to complicate your life.
I used Double Stuf for today’s experiment, but please, feel free to use Mega. ORRRRRR how about mix and match Oreo cookies (they’ve got some fun flavors) with pudding mix in the cookie. The flavor possibilities are HUGE!
Of course you can use regular Oreos…but do people still buy those?
Then twist your Oreos in half and using your biggest cookie scoop, make a sammich.
Press it down so the top Oreo bakes right into the cookie and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake them up until they are lightly golden around the edges.
When they come out of the oven you can press the Oreo cookie down a little more to get the filling to squeeze out a little bit. It just makes them pretty!
And GET GOING! These cookies aren’t going to eat themselves!
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (4.2- ounce) Instant Oreo Pudding Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 Oreo cookies (I used Double Stuf)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and both sugars for 3 minutes on medium speed, until light and fluffy.
- Add in the dry pudding mix and mix for another minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary and mix in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt for 1 minute, until smooth and evenly combined.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the white and semi-sweet chips until evenly mixed.
- Separate each Oreo cookie into 2 cookies. Try your best to keep the filling on one of the sides, this doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion each mound of dough out. Sandwich the dough in between each Oreo cookie half, placing the side with more cream on top. Place on your prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.