Ingredients: 4 Large Low-Fat Flour Tortilla,1/2 pound Flank Steak, sliced into thin strips,1 Red Bell Pepper (or any color combination), julienned,1 Onion, julienned,1 cup Unsalted Black Beans, drained,1 1/2 cups Chipotlé Enchilada Sauce,1 cup Pico de Gallo,4 Garlic Cloves, 2 smashed, 2 finely minced,8 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro,EVOO,Mexican Dried Herb Seasoning,Cholula Seasoning Powder,2 Limes (or lemons), sliced into wedges,4 Jalapeno Peppers (optional)
- Marinate strips of flank steak in a drizzle of EVOO, 2 smashed garlic cloves, juice of 1 lime (or lemon), 4 tbs. chopped cilantro and a dash of the seasonings for an hour or two.
- If desired, brush jalapenos with a little oil and roast in 400F preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, turning over once halfway through.
- In a sauce pan, heat the enchilada sauce until boiling then add the beans. Stir for another couple of minutes and turn off heat.
- In a medium-heated skillet, add a little EVOO and saut the beef strips along with the minced garlic and the julienned onion and bell pepper(s).
- Stack the tortillas on top of each other and roll as tight as you can without tearing it. Now, using a very sharp knife, thinly slice the roll from one end to the other creating fettuccine-like strands. Loosen strands and coat with EVOO and a dash of the seasonings.
- Spread tortilla strands out on individual serving platters, top each with enchilada/bean mixture, salsa and beef/veggie mixture.
- Garnish with remaining chopped cilantro, a lime (or lemon) wedge and a roasted jalapeno pepper.
- Another optional item you can add is shredded cheese. Before garnishing, top with shredded cheese and pop the plate in the microwave for a minute or until cheese has fully melted.