Ingredients: 8 tablespoons Cherry Jam (or whatever jam you like),1 egg,1 tablespoon of granulated sugar,1 Pie dough,1 teaspoon water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat
- Floor your board very well.
- Roll your pie dough out to to 12X
- Using a floured knife, cut the dough into mini-rectangles that are about 3X4 inches. You should have 8 mini-rectangles enough to make a total of 4 pop tarts.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of jam in the middle of 4 of the mini-rectangles.Then, place the jam-less rectangles on top of the jam-filled rectangles
- Press the edges of the tarts with a floured fork to seal the edges.Poke a couple of small holes on top of the tarts with your fork to allow steam to escape.Lightly brush the tops of the tarts with the egg wash.Then sprinkle each tart with sugar.
- Place in oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the tarts are brown along the edges and the jam has oozed out a bit!Cool for about 5 minutes and then eat with tea!